Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Semester Wrap Up


I'm definitely ready for a school break, but in someways I can't even believe that the semester is over -- the class flew by.


I am so proud of myself! I came into the course knowing only a handful of html tags I learned in 1994, and having never seen CSS. And now I feel I am reasonably fluent in (x)html/css. I also have a strong resolve to continue my education with advanced layouts and workarounds. I am hoping that after next semester's Database Management class (a start to understanding SQL), I can pick up PHP and XML and really have a solid foundation for creating database-driven, interactive websites.


So, a revision of the One-Trick Pony List:

    Spring & Summer 2009
  1. advanced css/xhtml
  2. access/sql
  3. beginning c & php (via CS50)
    After That (order undetermined)
  • dhtml
  • javascript
  • ajax
  • xml
  • python
  • asp


This has been my most useful LIS class in terms of concrete, usable skills attained, and the one that will probably have the most affect on my ability to sell myself in the MLIS job market. I have also learned that I have a passion for learning these languages and continuing study on my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment